Where the sugar-coating stops

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

if it's not one thing...

it's another... so starting last week (Sunday, September 10) I had some pain in my chest. I chalked it up to muscle strain and went on about my business... so by Thursday I had a total of around 10 hours of sleep (that's 4 days of 2-3 hours of sleep when I'm used to atleast 8 per night) and the pain was only getting worse. I took myself to Care Now and had some X-rays done and was examined by a Doctor only to find out.... I've got strained muscles! I mean they were severly inflammed and I had some fluid but really there wasn't much he could do other than perscribe some anti-inflamitories and some pain killers to help me sleep. So here we are, almost a week later and I'm still in a good deal of pain. but now the pain is more of an ache throughout my chest instead of a stabbing pain under my right breast. I have no idea what's going on but I don't like it. It doesn't help that I carry around 20 lb babies all day and occasionally pick up Lilli who's over 35 lbs. On top of all that and because of all that I haven't had sex in a good two weeks now and I'm ready to scream. So now that I've been given pain killers to numb me up for better sleep.... I have a cold, or allergies or something. Now instead of pain in my chest keeping me up, I'm sneezing and blowing my nose until the wee hours of the morning and keeping my hubby up as well (which he's not too happy about). Other than that its been a pretty busy week. On Monday Matt had Softball and I went to Garden Ridge with Mom and bought stuff to decorate the house (btw Cha I stole the cross Mom let you borrow). Tuesday was Laura's birthday so we did Cafe Brazl last night instead of tomorrow. Tonight we had dinner with the worship team. Tomorrow night we'll finally be able to grill the meat I took out of the freezer last Sunday and my husband and I will be able to spend a tiny bit of quality time together. Friday night I'll most likely be cooking for the brunch I'm going to Saturday morning followed by spending some quality time with the in-laws (we haven't seen them in a good 6 weeks). Then its back to Sunday. People always talk about life slowing down... it'll be more calm once I'm out of college; I'll have more time to spend with (insert signifigant other's name here) once we're married [the problem with spending 'quality time together' is you do that too often and children are the result.]... then you think life slows down once the kids are grown but then there's work and grandchildren to spoil or weddings to plan and bills to catch up on. life tends to be something you do to get to retirment. but then again isn't that what its supposed to be? Life is that thing you do before Heaven. Its just a great big holding pen. OK I'm babbling and not making any sense so I'm off to shower and then into bed I go. Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home